[Sosfbay-discuss] Water District wants you money, wants your money.

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Nov 11 11:14:14 PST 2009

As reported in  Tuesday's Morgan Hill Times, the Santa Clara Valley
Water District has been double dipping into your pocket book, charging
the same costs to both well owners (including Cities that get their
water from wells like Morgan Hill) as well as property tax.

You can read the story here:
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/260799-witness-district-double-dipping

I sent in a letter to the editor that says:

The act of charging twice for the same water, exposed by  the Great Oaks
law suit and reported this week by the Times, seems clearly the result
of a lack of oversight from the Water District Board, a group whose
membership has too many old connections to the water district
bureaucracy to be effective judges of actions or to represent the needs
of the citizens who elected them.  The time for change has come.

I encourage all to become more involved in water issues. It is only your
money.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
http://www.refpub.com/ -- Tel: 408.778.3024