[Sosfbay-discuss] Peace Prize to Obama? The Most Ridiculous Thing I've Ever Heard in My Life!

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Fri Oct 9 14:05:40 PDT 2009

Dear Friends,

When I saw some stuff posted on Facebook about President Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize, I thought it was another lame Facebook joke.?

Imagine my reaction when I heard it was true!

C'mon, I like Obama but I think this is just about the most ridiculous
thing I have ever heard in my life.? I mean, the guy is presiding over,
not one, but *TWO* wars plus a half war in Pakistan that he's thinking
about escalating.? He submitted the biggest war budget in the history
of the U.S.? Moreover, the U.S. government, directly or indirectly is
involved in many, many low-intensity wars all over the planet,
involving Lebanon, Somalia, the Congo, the Philippines, Columbia.?

It's ridiculous.? And of course, all "the liberals" are supposed to
cheer and the only dissenting voices in the mainstream media are
right-wing Republicans.? Just goes to show the breakdown of political
thinking is not just confined to our silly Republicans vs. Democratic
screaming and hollering here in the U.S.

Alex Walker