[Sosfbay-discuss] Fw: Hot News! Anna Eshoo will vote Yes on the Weiner Amendment! Sendoff moved to SAT. 9:15am Let's all Thank Her!

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Thu Sep 3 22:27:37 PDT 2009

--- On Thu, 9/3/09, Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Lynn Huidekoper <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
Subject: Hot News! Anna Eshoo will vote Yes on the Weiner Amendment! Sendoff moved to SAT. 9:15am Let's all Thank Her!
To: "Lynn Huidekoper" <lynn_huidekoper at hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 6:19 PM

#yiv1669803280 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1669803280 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv1669803280 .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
#yiv1669803280 .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

Anna did a superb job last evening at her Town Hall heavily attended by the teabagger nuts(their info is so off-I tried to engage 2 of them and not only are they ridiculously immature, angry and point their finger at you but they totally believe the lies out there! I was even called a communist because of my Si Se Puede Obama button! They were loud, rude, obnoxious besides being stupid and she handled them like a pro. Channel 2 did a nice piece on the 10 PM news. The Raging Grannies were shown. Everyone loved them as usual!

Anna sent a reply today( see below) to one of our activist's question re: the Weiner amendment (replacing HR3200 with HR 676) and she's voting Yes! This is a big step forward as she's always supported universal coverage for kids but not Single Payer for adults.
We need to thank her by attending the Rally which was moved from today to Sat. at 9:15A. 174 folks have already signed up on the OFA site. Bring placards. I will bring handouts.
I didn't find out until today that the Rally Sendoff was moved from today to Sat. I had to go to the OFA(Organizing For America website) to find this info.

Attached are: her Q&A to the common questions and my handout. I made a big booboo on the previous handouts which someone noticed yesterday. I Googled the Senate Finance Dems and cut and pasted them. It turns out the list was from the 110th Congress and not this one. (so much for old info being deleted). I have updated it.

Sendoff Event for Representative Eshoo

> You can view the details of this event at any time by going to:
>
>   http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gpfkjq
>
> Attending:
> Saturday, September 12 - 1 hour
>
> Time(s):
> Saturday, September 12 from 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
>
> Location: Outside of Rep. Eshoo's Office Building
> 698 Emerson Street
> Palo Alto, CA 94301
> Directions:
> From 101 take University Ave. exit, go West. Turn left on
> Emerson St., the office is two blocks down Emerson on the
> right had side.

Here's Anna's email sent today:

Dear Ms.,

Thank
you for participating in my Telephone Town
Hall and
for your support of a single payer system.  While I didn't get to
speak with you during the meeting, I was very pleased to address the
concerns of so many of my constituents.
Your particular question is an important one and I'm glad you took the
time to leave a message for me.

I agree with you and I believe there is great merit in a 'single-payer'
healthcare plan.  Next week when the full House of Representatives considers H.R. 3200, America's
Affordable Health Choices Act, Rep. Anthony Weiner will offer an
amendment to establish a single-payer system and I plan to support it.

Healthcare
reform generates a wide range of reactions and perspectives because it
affects every one of us.  With
healthcare costs far outpacing inflation, we simply cannot sustain the
status quo - it will bankrupt
our nation. Healthcare reform must encourage a robust competitive
environment, contain costs, ensure choice, help small businesses, and
make certain that no one is denied
access to coverage because of a change in empl
oyment or a pre-existing
condition, and not add to our
national debt.  We also have to contain the hemorrhaging costs of the
Medicare system, which experts
predict could be bankrupt by 2017.

That's
why I voted for America's Affordable Health
Choices Act when it passed out of the House Energy and Commerce
Committee, which I'm a Member of, on July 31st. When
Congress reconvenes next week, we will combine the legislation of the
three House committees which wrote
parts of the bill.   I anticipate that the full House will take up the
bill the latter part of September.
We have a significant journey ahead of us before any bill becomes law
and I remain committed to a reform
bill which will benefit all Americans, without affecting individual
choice, or hindering quality medical
care.  Overall, the legislation I support keeps what's great about the
American system in place, making
it more accessible and affordable for all citizens, as well as fixing
what's broken.

look forward to accomplishing comprehensive healthcare reform for our
country before the end of this
year and I'm pleased to have addressed your concerns and provided
additional information about a single payer system. I'm
enclosing a copy of the most frequently asked questions and answers
about healthcare.  I hope that you'll
find this information helpful.

If
you have other questions or comments, let me hear from20you.  I'm proud
to represent a Congressional District
where my constituents are informed and ask serious-minded, thoughtful
questions, and provide me with
valuable feedback.

Sincerely,

Anna G. Eshoo