[Sosfbay-discuss] Heads Up About Mike Honda Town Meeting

Eric A. Meece eameece at sfo.com
Fri Sep 11 10:59:59 PDT 2009

That's Sunday Sept.13
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: alexcathy at aol.com
  To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org
  Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:30 AM
  Subject: [Sosfbay-discuss] Heads Up About Mike Honda Town Meeting

  Dear Bay Area Green Friends,

  Cathy Deppe just returned last night from a trip to Washington, D.C. where she met with a number of prominent progressive labor leaders and community allies.

  She was told that San Jose Congressman Mike Honda has an upcoming "town meeting" on health care and rightwing crazies are planning to pack the meeting with wing nuts. I hate to say it, but while Cathy was in Washington, she heard some very disturbing reports from congressional staffers about the frightening level of hate, including obvious race hatred, that has been unleashed by sicko "conservatives" since the 2008 election.

  F.Y.I. Here is a schedule of Town Meetings:

  Santa Clara University at 1:00 pm at the Mayer Theatre, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara.

  Addison-Penzak JCC Levy Family Campus, at 3:00 pm 14855 Oka Road, Los Gatos.

  Alex Walker
  Los Angeles Greens