[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Agenda for April meeting

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Apr 7 12:56:30 PDT 2010

 Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7:30  Meeting opens. Selection of Facilitator, Time Keeper, Note Taker, and Vibes Watcher. Introductions and announcements (10 minutes)

Treasurer's Report (5 minutes) Jim Doyle

Plenary Report--plenary business (10 minutes) delegates

Plenary Report--logistics report (10 minutes) Merriam, food, Fred, lodging, Caroline, schwag, Jim Doyle, money

That being said, do we want to host the national meeting? (10 minutes) discussion

Regional Rep position (5 minutes) Jim Stauffer

 Proposition 14 (10 minutes) Jim Stauffer

No on 14 literature--we need to reproduce it and fold it (5 minutes) Caroline, Spenser

Proposition 15 (5 minutes) anyone who went to the Campaign kickoff

Nazis (2 minutes) Caroline

Berryessa Art and Wine Festival  (10 minutes) Warner, Caroline, Dale

Calendar of events  and selection of people responsible for them(15 minutes) Andrea, Caroline, Jim Doyle

Walmart expansion in Milpitas (5 minutes) Andrea

 To speed things up and let people think about which events they would like to participate in, I have included what I know about upcoming things for April and May.

April 21--Earth Day at Santa Clara University 10:00-4:00

April22--Earth Day at SJSU 10:00-2 or 3

April 24--Junior State (is this the right date?)
April ? De Anza--someone want to contact De Anza ASB?

May8--Berryessa Art and Wine Festival

May 16--Be an Artist Day, Milpitas
May ? Santa Clara County Single Payer Healthcare Coalition--healthcare forum at Andrew Hill High School, 9-3:00. Good chance for outreach to Latino and Vietnamese students. Take voter registration forms.
 For those who want to get more into Earth Day, Acterra has Weed Warriors every Wednesday at Arastradero Preserve; Earth Day Workday celebration April 10, 20, and 24, Redwood Grove. Los Altos; April 17 San Francisquito Creek workday; April 20, Third Tuesday Habitat Restoration; April 24, Waterwise Landscaping Conference: Slow the Flow.

For those who want to do more for peace, here are some regularly scheduled vigils for peace and justice:
Mondays, 5-6 pm, Corner of Market and San Carlos.Justice for Palestinians.
Peace Discussions, Fourth Monday of most months. 7:30-8:30 pm Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church, Fremont and Hollenbeck.
Wednesdays, 4:45-6:00 pm peace vigil corner of Embarcadero and El Camino, Palo Alto.
Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 in Willow Glen, SW corner of Lincoln and Minnesota. Willow Glen Peace Action.
Fridays, 5-6:00 in front of Martin Luther King Library, peace vigil.
Fourth Fridays of each month 12:10-12:50 at Lockheed Martin Gates, Java and Mathilda in Sunnyvale.
Saturdays and Sundays 11:30 am-2 pm, Winchester and Stevens Creek, San Jose, near Valley Fair and Santana Row.