[GPSCC-chat] Consistent Life Ethic: ban the bomb, not the baby?

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:18:13 PDT 2010

   Personally, having been through an unwanted-pregnancy scare and vicariously
experienced another friend's abortion I consider abortion very nasty stuff.  Of course
technology could solve the problem.  Extract the embryo from the mother who doesn't
want it and grow it in an artificial womb for someone who does want it.  But that would
be too simple, and it would remove the primary source of indignation that fuels poor
red-staters' support of the Republicans' agenda that is antithetical to their own
actual interests.