[GPSCC-chat] san fernando valley Greens event

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 12 17:20:30 PDT 2010

Please help spread the word on this fantastic event!

We are on the verge of a breakthrough here in the San Fernando Valley!

The San Fernando Valley Greens are hosting a "Rally in the Valley" for
Green Party candidates.
Laura Wells will be our featured guest speaker and other candidates at
state level will be speaking as well.

There will be a vegetarian buffet, cash bar, door prizes, and most
importantly...the 10 Key Values
and our Green Party candidates.

We would love to have you, or a representative from the California State
Green Party speak at the Rally.
We can give you 5 minutes.

We would love to have as many Greens from the State Level
organization to attend as possible, so please
spread the word.

The Rally is taking place on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6th at 12:30 pm at
the Mayflower Club which is
 located within 5 minutes of the Burbank/Bob Hope Airport, the Metro
Link Train Station and the
Metro Red Line North Hollywood subway stop.

There is also free parking for those arriving by auto.  Attached is a
flyer that gives details. .[docx format]

We want Greens from /all over the state/ to attend this event and the
proceeds are going to support
Laura Wells and our other Green Party candidates.  We have sold enough
tickets already to be
near the break-even point for our expenses, so every ticket we sell at
this point will be icing on the
cake for our candidates.

Could you please help us with this effort, Kendra?  Could you please
notify your lists of our
"Rally in the Valley" and ask them to support our effort at Green Party
candidates grassroots
fundraising?  (Flyer attached...)

We hope to raise $2,000-$4,000 for our candidates and have committed
to at least $1,000
towards Laura's campaign...no matter what the outcome...(but we are
getting ahead as of now...).

Thank you, Kendra, for everything that you are doing.

We would be very grateful if you could let the Greens on your lists know
about the "Rally in the Valley!"

Laura will be there and several other candidates have confirmed their
participation.

We know this Rally will be a success and we are hoping that you will
support our efforts to
 publicize Laura's campaign and to raise funds for her efforts and the
Green Party candidates
at the state level.

We hope to see you at the Rally in the Valley!

Thank you so much!

In your service,

Michael Mc Cue
Board Member, Studio City Neighborhood Council
Event Co-Coordinator, SFV Greens
818-762-4595