[GPSCC-chat] Mime Troupe in Palo Alto, 3:30 SATURDAY

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 11:12:08 PDT 2010

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY.  (Sorry I was multitasking)

   I saw about half of it last night in a chilly wind; it should be warmer this afternoon.

   Don't go if your New-Agey sensibilities are going to be offended by a hilarious
sendup of hip capitalists.  I laughed 'til the tears streamed.   The script is very
clever, with deft invocation of scenes from soap opera on TV and instant
flashbacks to Buenos Aires.  Production is excellent--all cast members have
wireless microphones.

   The story about workers taking over their failing factory is stirring.  Maybe it's
too easy to scoff that industrial Marxism is anachronistic, that seizing a failed
business model is as useless as Obama's presidency.  Whatevuh.  Enjoy a
spirited and well-produced show.  From what I saw, much recommended.

Mitchell Park (East Meadow Drive just toward the mountains from Middlefield Rd).
Music starts at 3:30 (a versatile, skilled, and humorous band), show at 4:00.

Here's the Examiner's take:

Message body
http://www.sfexaminer.com/lifestyle/Workers-take-over-in-Mime-Troupe-show-97915954.html