[GPSCC-chat] SF Bike Coalition selecting endorsements - Vote for Jane Kim!

Ray Tobey green at bionictoad.com
Tue Aug 31 23:37:46 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

Living on the Peninsula, I've been a member of both the Silicon Valley
and San Francisco Bike Coalitions. Right now, the SFBC is selecting the
candidates they'll endorse for the November ballot. This page describes
the process:

    http://www.sfbike.org/vote

Regardless of where you live, if you're a member you can vote. I'm a
volunteer for Jane Kim, who is running for District 6 Supervisor. She's
a former Green Party member, and I'd love it if you would vote for her:

    http://wwww.sfbike.org/vote2010/

In her work for the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights, she recently
argued before the Charter Review Committee of San Mateo that we change
from at large to district elections for County Supervisors. This change
would make a huge difference to San Mateo by reducing the necessity to
run widespread, expensive campaigns in order to be elected. Details are
here:

http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/Attachments/bos/pdfs/Charter%20Review%20Committee/CommitteeAgenda_20100421.pdf

This is an example of her work that's relevant outside of SF. If you're
engaged in San Francisco politics, I can offer other reasons to vote for
her. Send me an email if you're interested.

If you do cast a ballot for Jane, I'd love to hear it. Thanks,
- Ray