[GPSCC-chat] [VFP_101] Peace on earth to President Obama from Veterans

fred fredd at freeshell.org
Fri Dec 17 13:04:30 PST 2010

Pro-Peace Friends,

Although I have seen nothing in the Bay Area TV Media or in today's S.F.
Chronicle about San Francisco's part in the December 16 country wide
anti-war demonstrations, there WAS A significant Veterans For Peace(VFP)
cosponsored PROTEST at the U.S. Federal Building (Mission & 7th St.)
from Noon on into the afternoon.  In fact, at noon, 20 - 30 civil
disobedience protesters did recline on the concrete plazas to block the
building's two main entrances and to get arrested. At least 100 people
attended the event.  (My daughter, Cheryl, and I left about 2:15 PM and
are not aware of what happened after that.)

Fred D.

To me it is appalling that there is so little outrage over the U.S.
occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq.  Can the complacency be attributed
to the traditional fuss over the Holiday Season, or has our population
become even more desensitized.?