[GPSCC-chat] [VFP_101] Peace on earth to President Obama from Veterans

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sat Dec 18 15:24:04 PST 2010

I saw Fred on KTVU news. I don't know why more people don't watch it. They
showed Laura Wells' arrest, too.
Caroline

________________________________
From: fred <fredd at freeshell.org>
To: depotchief at ambergrass.com; VFP101 - Phil Yahoo Group
<VFP_101 at yahoogroups.com>
Cc: Laura Skubik <lds at abdi.com>; Michelle D. <mduperrault at gmail.com>; Julia
Duperrault <jduperrault at gmail.com>; Jean Duperrault <jeansbeans03 at me.com>; Mark
Skubik <mskubik at gmail.com>; Cheri <cduperrault at sbcglobal.net>; South SF Bay
Discuss at CA Greens <sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org>; Jane
<jane.duperrault at stanford.edu>; Alan <alandupe at yahoo.com>; dwfed
<dwfed at dwfed.org>; Danny Duperrault <dannyduperrault at aol.com>; Natasha Dehn
<nedehn at stanford.edu>; David <dvd at svlg.com>
Sent: Fri, December 17, 2010 1:04:30 PM
Subject: Re: [GPSCC-chat] [VFP_101] Peace on earth to President Obama from
Veterans

Pro-Peace Friends,

Although I have seen nothing in the Bay Area TV Media or in today's S.F.
Chronicle about San Francisco's part in the December 16 country wide anti-war
demonstrations, there WAS A significant Veterans For Peace(VFP) cosponsored
PROTEST at the U.S. Federal Building (Mission & 7th St.) from Noon on into the
afternoon.  In fact, at noon, 20 - 30 civil disobedience protesters did recline
on the concrete plazas to block the building's two main entrances and to get
arrested. At least 100 people attended the event.  (My daughter, Cheryl, and I
left about 2:15 PM and are not aware of what happened after that.)

Fred D.

To me it is appalling that there is so little outrage over the U.S. occupations
of Afghanistan and Iraq.  Can the complacency be attributed to the traditional
fuss over the Holiday Season, or has our population become even more
desensitized.?