[Sosfbay-discuss] Unemployment in CA

Edward the_alliance47 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 12:25:29 PST 2010

Unemployment rates can be deceptive, because it only measures the labour defined as the employed (both full- and part-time paid jobs) and unemployed (those without work and who have been actively looking for a job in the past 4 weeks). I am not sure about Detroit, but maybe their unemployment rate is lower because people there have given up looking for a nonexistent job.
-edward