[Sosfbay-discuss] Constitutional amendment to outlaw corporate personhood

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 5 22:52:39 PST 2010

This vote could benefit from IRV.
BTW, does anyone know how effective change.org is?

I wen to the link below.  As well as the proposal
and comments, it also provided links to the top 3
vote getters.

#1 with 1,069 votes:
     it seems to be asking Obama to:
         - Keep corporate money out of our elections
         - Block corporations from interfering in policy
         - Enforce strict transparency rules
     I wonder what prevents the Supreme Court from
     striking this down.  I wondered if this might be another
     fake grassroots organization, but apparently not.
     According to Wikipedia it has been around since 1977
     and has Frances Moore Lappe on the board.
     For more info:
http://www.stopcorporateabuse.org/statement-supreme-court-ruling-call-action-stand-corporate-influence-over-politics

#2 with 443 votes:
     Constitutional Amendment to explicitly DENY corporations
     "personhood" status.
     Isn't that basically the same as Tom's proposal?

#3 with 413 votes:
     Support Financing of Public Elections

Why can't we support multiple proposals?

Gerry