[Sosfbay-discuss] gmail considered harmful, was Re: SF Examiner "Group sues...

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sun Feb 7 13:56:47 PST 2010

Edward wrote, from a Yahoo account,

>Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:15:56 -0800 (PST)
>From: Edward <the_alliance47 at yahoo.com>
>To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org

>Please note that I have transferred to Google Mail. Please take a moment to=
> help me raise awareness about Google's violation of freedom of speech.

I couldn't find the context of "Google's violation of freedom of speech"
in the message string Edward copied here.

Google's "don't be evil" is just a slogan, and conflicts with the US
Supreme Court's Dodge Brothers vs Ford ruling.  Eventually "the
shareholders" will sue over some decision and force some evildoing,
and that will be the end of it.

Meanwhile, Microsoft, Yahoo, and Google supply the great majority of
email reception and storage service to the Nigerian fraud
syndicate.  Any one of them could get out of the fraud business
by making reasonable changes to their "free email" business model.
Outblaze, also known as Mail.com, has done it, and they're in
the same business and just about as big.
MSFT, Yahoo, aed Google *choose* to support one of the world's largest
and most sophisticated criminal gangs instead.

I wouldn't suggest boycotting Google's many other services.  I think
they're doing more good than evil these days.  But I wouldn't send
Greens to Google for email service.  Professional grade email service
costs money, but not much.  Consider registering your own name and
using your registrar's email service.  Gandi.net at $15/year for
a 1 GB mailbox and Web or IMAP service might be a good choice.
Or godaddy.com if you must have tech support by phone.

-Cameron in San Jose