[Sosfbay-discuss] clean money - connecticut

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 17:30:02 PST 2010

Here is an excerpt from an older  (Oct 1, 2009) posting

*Connecticut  *
The Connecticut Green Party recently won a significant decision against
Connecticut's public campaign finance system, which the court ruled was
unfairly awarding public finances to major party candidates while burdening
the Green Party and other parties with inordinate obstacles to public
funds.

A U.S. District Court judge ruled that Connecticut's public financing
scheme
had  created a "discriminatory burden" for minor parties and had
unfairly inflated
the public campaign funds that major parties were awarded.  "We're very
pleased",
 said Mike DeRosa, co-chair of the Connecticut Green Party, that "the
court ruled
that real campaign finance reform requires a level playing field."

The Green Party of the United States and our state Green Parties need your
support to continue working to level the playing field in court.  We
don't take
money from real estate companies, private health insurance providers, or
lobbyists.

In fact, we don't take ANY corporate money because we think corporate
money in
 politics is wrong.  If you want to help us work for fairer elections,
please help us today.
Your donation
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Qd4rFH%2FKHz%2FVm64r4QuYvZkSMDKzNnpj>
to the Green Party will help us make sure we have a strong Green Party
today and into the future.