[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: 74 Democrats sold you out to AT&T, Verizon and Comcast.

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sun Jun 6 11:35:12 PDT 2010

Thanks, Alex.
My position differs from freepress.net's, but I also
differ from "the big boys" and from most Greens I've heard
from on the issue.

A lot of Greens think unlimited Internet
access should be a free government-run service.
A lot of Greens, including the GP-US (and the ACLU, and Moveon.org)
think spamming is just fine, as long as it's for a good cause.
I get accused of "censorship" for trying to keep my servers
running and the mailing lists usable, at least once a month.

The "big boys" echo the Ayn Rand/Chicago School line, that
there's nothing wrong with a monopoly, unless the government
establishes it, or you abuse it too much.  And even government
established monopolies are okay as long as they're not
regulated too much.  I think monopolies are inherently evil,
and they're also the natural steady state of markets.
That's way outside the boundaries of the Merc's op-ed page.

-Cameron