[GPSCC-chat] GPUS delegate election

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 09:03:02 PST 2010

GREEN PARTY COUNTY CONTACTS MESSAGE

This is an announcement from the GPCA Contact List.
For more information, or questions related to the topic of the
posting, please do not hit reply.  Follow the contact directions
stated in the email.
Information about the election is in the plenary packet.  There will not
be the opportunity for candidate speeches nor paper copies of the bios.
A link to the bios was provided in the plenary packet, but I am also
reiterating it here. http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/

To make it a little easier, I am listing the candidates here.
(Depending on email attributes, these may be "hot links.")  All the
candidates listed on the ballot are currently delegates except Greg Jan
and Mike Chamness.  Greg was a delegate, but was "termed out".  We have
a by-law proposal on the consent calendar which if passed, would allow
Greg to rejoin the delegation.  We have certainly missed him.

*Delegates*

*Craig Thorsen
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/craig_thorsen.htm>*

*Jared Laiti
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/jared_laiti.htm>

**Perrine Kelly
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/perrine_kelly.htm>**

Susan Chunco
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/susan_chunco.htm>

**Jack Lindblad
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/jack_lindblad.htm>**

Greg Jan <http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/greg_jan.htm>*

****
*Alternates**

*Jan Arnold
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/jan_arnold.htm>

John Phillip Santos
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/john_phillip_santos.htm>*

*Mike Chamness
<http://www.cagreens.org/delegates/election/2010-03/mike_chamness.htm>*

Note that there is currently a proposal before the GPUS National
Committee with a recomputation of delegate allocation.  If it passes as
it is currently written, though there are some questions about how it
was computed, the delegation size will be reduced from 42 to 35.  If you
are curious about that proposal, or any GPUS proposal in the past or
future, they can be found at http://gp.org/cgi-bin/vote/index  If all
the current candidates are elected/reelected, we will have 32 delegates
and 16 alternates.

This relates to another part of our by-law proposal on the consent
calendar, right now our quorum for meetings is based on our GPUS
allocation, whether we have all of our seats filled or not.  This is
different that every other GPCA committee.  We are asking for a change
in our by-laws for our quorum to be based on actual number of seated
delegates rather than allocated number.

Sanda Everette <sanda at greens.org>