[GPSCC-chat] Support Laura Wells- at Courthouse today

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Tue Nov 2 10:54:22 PDT 2010

Laura is having a press conference at the
courthouse today and wants bodies for support- if
I can round up a few more- I'll go to Marin-
Please call me, if you can go! It's an hour 15
minute drive from here- I need to find folks fast!

Carol (Palo Alto)
650-857-0927

Hello -

The D.A.'s office decided not to proceed at this
time, but we've put it out that I'll be at the
court house at 12:30pm for a press conference and
so I will go - see press release below.   Sure
will be nice to have some folks with me, so
please RSVP if you can be there, or if you can help get some buddies there!

Good luck to us all!

Laura

Laura Wells
Green Party Candidate for Governor
P.O. Box 10727, Oakland, CA 94610

<http://www.LauraWells.org>www.LauraWells.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, Nov. 1, 2010
Contact: Laura Wells 510-504-4254 or Cres Vellucci 916-996-9170
Assignment Desk/Daybook

Gubernatorial candidate spends Election Day
Tuesday at arraignment; Green Party's Laura Wells
fights charges, chooses Matt Gonzalez as her lawyer

SAN RAFAEL, CA. – California gubernatorial
candidate Laura Wells of the Green Party will
spend her election day Tuesday, Nov. 2 appearing
for her arraignment here on misdemeanor
trespassing charges for the "crime" of attending
a Governor's Debate Oct. 12 at Dominican University.

Wells will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m.
at the MARIN COUNTY COURTHOUSE, Dept. N at 12:30
p.m. (3501 Civic Center Drive). Her court appearance is at 1 p.m.

Wells has retained former San Francisco
Supervisor Matt Gonzalez as her attorney.

Wells
(<http://www.laurawells.org>www.laurawells.org)
was banned from the debate Oct. 12 because only
the Democratic and Republican nominees for
Governor were allowed to debate. However, when
she attempted only to sit in the audience to
watch, Wells was hauled away, handcuffed and arrested.

In the last few days, nearly 1,000 people have
signed a petition asking the Marin County DA
office dismiss all charges, and investigate those
responsible for her arrest. The petition states:
"Laura Wells, the Green candidate for Governor of
California, was arrested on Oct. 12, 2010 at the
California Governor's Debate. Her arrest is a
violation of her civil rights. She had a ticket
and the right to attend the debate. We request
that you dismiss the criminal charge against Ms.
Wells and launch an investigation into why she was arrested."

Wells, who garnered more than 400,000 votes when
she ran for Controller in 2002 on the Green
ticket, is a financial analyst who talks about
solutions – not politics – to California's budget mess.

Among many other solutions to the state's woes,
Wells wants to "reform" Prop. 13 so it benefits
individuals and small businesses, as was
promised, not large corporations. She is
promoting the concept of a "State Bank" that
would partner with local banks and make loans to
residents, including students for college loans
and profit California, not private, Wall-Street bailed-out banks.

-30-

Laura Wells <lwlaura at yahoo.com>

<http://www.LauraWells.org>www.LauraWells.org