[GPSCC-chat] FLOSS for ms Windows, Mac and Linux (such as Ubuntu) : was Re: GreenTu & Ubuntu Hours: Computer help for everyone - Th 11th, 18th

jamboi at rachel.greens.org jamboi at rachel.greens.org
Mon Nov 8 15:41:03 PST 2010

Here's some additional FLOSS/FOSS (Free/Libre Open Source Software).
FLOSS for ms Windows:  http://www.opensourcewindows.org/
FLOSS for Mac OS X: http://www.opensourcemac.org/
FLOSS for Linux: basically almost all Linux software is FLOSS.
Ubuntu: An easy to use member of the Linux family:  http://Ubuntu.com
Mint Linux: Another very easy to use Linux distribution:
http://www.linuxmint.com/

http://www.fossweb.com/

More about what FLOSS is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open_source_software

Clarification: The English word 'free' has several meanings including that
of 1) no cost and 2) liberated.  The term FLOSS is talking specifically
about the liberated part.  But in by far most all of the cases it just so
happens that FLOSS software is also no cost or low-cost.

Drew Johnson
GreenTu Founder
nUboon2Age at gmail.com
408-520-1652