[GPSCC-chat] more high school volunteers

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 22 10:37:42 PST 2010

This came in this morning's email (Monday 11-22-2010)
It is time for our quick response team to present these volunteers
with a hopefully suitable project.
My initial suggestions are below.

Jim Doyle

Hi Jim,

My name is Stephanie Fukawa and I am currently a Senior at Presentation
High School
and am currently enrolled in Civics class. For our end of the semester
project, it is
necessary for us to be engaged in the political process by volunteering
for a group
or organization for 3 hours. I was researching and I found out that The
Green Party of
Santa Clara County is looking for volunteers and I subsequently found
your contact i
nformation. I was wondering if myself, and two other students in my
class could volunteer
sometime soon (before November 30)  for 3 hours. If we can, please let
me know what that
volunteering would entail and how many hours we could provide. We are
very excited to be
working with the Green Party! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Stephanie Fukawa

Here are my suggestions, ones that came to mind immediately:

Anti war peace signs at busy intersections.
Research at Registrar of Voters.
(This from Jim Stauffer -) Research efficacy of IRV in Oakland.
Although pst their deadline, table at the Holiday Peace Fair.