[GPSCC-chat] Toxic silicon valley

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Nov 24 09:10:44 PST 2010

There was a time when this list had regular updates about the Silicon
Valley Toxics Coalition http://www.svtc.org/.  At that time, we had an
activist working there.  That has long gone away.

I would like to call attention to a new report just released by the
State Water Resources Control Board.
http://californiawatch.org/watchblog/surface-waters-toxic-scientists-say-6935

    According to scientists who have been monitoring and collecting data
    on the state's water quality for the past 10 years, California's
    surface waters are in bad shape.

Might it not be worth our spending some time going further into this
issue and defining a local position?

Think about this.  The California Water Wars are ongoing.  No peace
treaty is even being drafted.  The heavy money has even dropped out of
the Bay Delta Conservation Plan effort and wants to continue running
selenium poisoned agricultural runoff into the Delta from which our
water district pumps a large amount of our water.
http://aquafornia.com/archives/35964  Read Green Lloyd G. Carter's
Chronicles of the Hydraulic Brotherhood for more on this issue while you
think about that fact that this is not just a Central Valley problem  It
is our water too.
http://www.lloydgcarter.com/content/101123448_the-westlands-water-district-has-come-out-against-bay-delta-conservation-plan