[GPSCC-chat] Teaching the Dems a Lesson

Mark A. Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Oct 23 11:44:36 PDT 2010

Anyone contemplating a Democratic vote this election needs to be very clear about what that means in the real world...not just between our own ears.

Stop fooling youself.

Everybody in the real world will very reasonably interpret a vote for the Democrats to be a vote for what the Democrats have done for the last two years...and a mandate for them to do more of the same in the future.

I'm 60 years old and all my progressive friends who vote Democratic repeatedly tell me that I'm impractical and utopian to be a Green.  What, I've asked them, have your Democratic votes done in the last 40 years?  Your sheep-like loyalty has allowed the Democratic party to follow the money further and further to the right.  Now you want to vote for people who advocate firing teachers as a solution to the education problems and who say "fuck the UAW" as they set aside union contracts and protect the bonuses for the CEOs.

How dumb are we Americans anyway?

ML