[GPSCC-chat] Court Appearance - SUPPORT LAURA IN PERSON

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 01:22:34 PDT 2010

As many of you know, our gubernatorial candidate will
be spending part of Election Day on a matter that is
unusual for a candidate.

Laura Wells will be arraigned in court on Tuesday.

In political cases, normally the judge, the attorneys,
and the media pay attention to how much support the
accused has.  The more supporters Laura has in court,
the better it is for Laura.  So I am asking that any
supporter of Laura, or civil liberties, or democracy,
or justice, be in court if possible for Laura's
arraignment.  Unfortunately I won't be there, I am
committed to being a pollworker all day on Tuesday.

Below are the details, and below that is the press
release.

Also, for those who wish to have their names on the
petition, please sign as soon as possible.  I understand
that Marnie Glickman will be delivering the petition to
the District Attorney sometime on Monday.  I don't know
when she will be printing the petition.
     http://bit.ly/freelaurawells

INFORMATION ON ARRAIGNMENT:

Laura is in courtroom N, 1 p.m. Tuesday
BE THERE BY 12:30.

Marin County Superior Court
3501 Civic Center Drive
San Rafael, California 94903

=========== Press Release ============

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010
Contact: Laura Wells, 510-504-4254 or 916-996-9170

ATTENTION WEEKEND EDITOR

GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATE SPENDS WEEKEND
CAMPAIGNING FOR VOTES...AND PETITION
SIGNATURES TO KEEP HER OUT OF JAIL

SAN RAFAEL, CA. – While Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman will be campaigning
this weekend to become governor of California, Green Party gubernatorial
candidate Laura Wells will be asking people not just for votes, but for
petition signatures to keep her out of jail.

Wells (www.laurawells.org) who was arrested here Oct. 12 just trying to
watch a Governor Debate (she was already banned from participating),
will be at the MARIN COUNTY FARMERS MARKET Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
(3501 Civic Center Dr., Main Entrance).

Wells will be campaigning and trying to get signatures on a petition
urging Marin County District Attorney Edward Berberian to dismiss her
misdemeanor charges.

She is due in Marin County Criminal Court on Election Day, Nov. 2 to
face those charges.

The petition states:  "Laura Wells, the Green candidate for Governor of
California, was arrested on Oct. 12, 2010 at the California Governor's
Debate. Her arrest is a violation of her civil rights. She had a ticket
and the right to attend the debate. We request that you dismiss the
criminal charge against Ms. Wells and launch an investigation into why
she was arrested."

Wells, who garnered more than 400,000 votes when she ran for Controller
in 2002 on the Green ticket, is a financial analyst who talks about
solutions – not politics – to California's budget mess.

Wells wants to "reform" Prop. 13 so it benefits individuals, as was
promised, but large corporations. She is promoting the concept of a
"State Bank" that would make loans to residents, including student
college loans and profit California, not private bailed-out banks.