[GPSCC-chat] Allegations of voter fraud by GOP involving GP

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Wed Sep 8 12:47:06 PDT 2010

>        To our Democrat friends who complain about Greens "stealing =
>Democrat votes", the following reply comes to mind:
>             1.  I refuse to vote for legalized bribery, which is the =

There's no need to bring in campaign finance.

There is simply no such thing as a candidate "stealing"
(or "siphoning") another candidate's votes.
That's because a vote doesn't belong to a candidate until
it is cast.  Until then, IT BELONGS TO THE VOTER.
You can't steal something from me if I don't own it.

Read that again.
YOU CAN'T STEAL SOMETHING FROM ME IF I DON'T OWN IT.

People who claim a Green candidate can "steal" or "siphon"
a vote from a Dem candidate are denying the voter's ownership
of his vote, his self-determination.
That's profoundly arrogant and insulting.
It's just been repeated so often that people don't realize
they're being insulted any more.

(There's a simple mathematical disproof of the alleged
"spoiler effect," but this is the New Dark Ages and people
don't *believe in* mathematics, so there's little point
in trying to use it with the public.  Stick to the emotional
appeal, it works with more people.  HOW DARE YOU deny that
I own my vote!!  Get ANGRY when someone lays that "spoiler
effect" bullshit on you as if it were a fact.)

-Cameron in Los Gatos