[GPSCC-chat] robert fisk in palo alto 9/25

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 16:49:51 PDT 2010

Also in Palo Alto Sat 9/25 7:30 pm at First Presbyterian Church 1140 Cowper
$10 to $25 donation requested

Fisk on 9/11:

I am increasingly troubled at the inconsistencies
in the official narrative of 9/11....  Why did flight 93's
debris spread over miles when it was supposed to have crashed in one
piece in a field?... [If]kerosene burns at 820C under optimum conditions, how come the steel
beams of the twin towers – whose melting point is supposed to be about
1,480C – would snap through at the same time? (They collapsed in 8.1 and
 10 seconds.) What about the third tower – the so-called World Trade
Centre Building 7 (or the Salmon Brothers Building) – which collapsed in
 6.6 seconds in its own footprint at 5.20pm on 11 September? Why did it
so neatly fall to the ground when no aircraft had hit it?...

What about the weird letter allegedly written by Mohamed Atta, the
Egyptian hijacker-murderer with the spooky face, whose "Islamic" advice
to his gruesome comrades – released by the CIA – mystified every Muslim
friend I know in the Middle East? Atta mentioned his family – which no
Muslim, however ill-taught, would be likely to include in such a prayer.
 He reminds his comrades-in-murder to say the first Muslim prayer of the
 day and then goes on to quote from it. But no Muslim would need such a
reminder – let alone expect the text of the "Fajr" prayer to be included
 in Atta's letter.

Let me repeat. I am not a
conspiracy theorist. Spare me the ravers. Spare me the plots. But like
everyone else, I would like to know the full story of 9/11, not least
because it was the trigger for the whole lunatic, meretricious "war on
terror" which has led us to disaster in Iraq and Afghanistan and in much
 of the Middle East. Bush's happily departed adviser Karl Rove once said
 that "we're an empire now – we create our own reality". True? At least
tell us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-even-i-question-the-truth-about-911-462904.html

He cites some bad information on the Pentagon, and the mechanical engineers he references are definitely "ravers", and I can't comment on Atta's letter, but mostly he's spot on.   I agree--spare me the ravers who wear Halloween masks while campaigning for Congress, who holler "inside job!" at news anchors.  Spare me the conspiracy theorists.  The 9/11 widows asked 300 questions and got only 27 answers.  1284 architects and engineers find the official Ground Zero reports to be incomplete, dishonest, and implausible--and they can tell you exactly why.  Defenders of the reports are usually reduced to citing Popular Mechanics or putting forth outright falsehoods.