[GPSCC-chat] "Drones create a buzz in Southern Californiaaerospaceindustry"

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Sep 21 14:30:59 PDT 2010

        1.  The National Do-Not-Call registry and law controls
commercial robot calls.  It's not perfect, and it's poorly enforced, but
it works moderately well.

       2.  Political interests using robot calls may make more enemies
than friends.

       3.  What do you mean by "promoting financial interests"?  Are you
talking about collection agencies or advertisements?  Aren't
advertisements covered by "1" above?

       The collection agencies are a problem that won't be solved until
a critical mass of the news and worldview of the US electorate comes
unhooked from the mainstream commercial media and money loses elections,
crudely like the 1993 elections in Canada where the ruling party went
from 163 seats out of 295 to 2.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_federal_general_elections).
The election of Andrew Jackson in 1828 was a similar political event in
US history, I think.  (The election of Thomas Jefferson in 1800 was
called a "revolution" at the time.)

       Spencer