[GPSCC-chat] "Do Not Pity the Democrats"

Andrea Dorey andi at wrytor.com
Wed Sep 22 10:22:03 PDT 2010

Gerry, et. al,

>  "Resistance means a radical break with the formal
>  structures of American society. We must cut as many
>  ties with consumer society and corporations as possible.

I think it is probably all we can do at this point, now that all minor parties have been dispatched by the ruling majors.  This approach appeals to me as I can associate with people who can function within small communities that actually do something for human beings and for sustainable environments.

I am already in bartering relationships and using low profile, small-provider services.  I am also traveling much less despite the personal use of a 60+ mpg car.  As I will be 72 this December, I find this simplification of my life a pleasant prospect.

Andrea