[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Fair Elections in Congress -- Call Now!

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Sep 29 14:31:50 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Trent Lange, CA Clean Money" <newsletter at caclean.org>
To: carolineyacoub at att.net
Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 1:02:54 PM
Subject: Fair Elections in Congress -- Call Now!

You're receiving this email because of your interest in Fair Elections. Please
confirm your interest in receiving email and add newsletter at caclean.org to your
address book to keep getting occasional alerts.

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

URGENT!
Please call Speaker Nancy Pelosi for Fair Elections at (415) 556-4862 NOW!

Just say "I'm a Californian calling to thank Speaker Pelosi for her support of
Fair Elections and to ask her to schedule a floor vote of the Fair Elections Now
Act before Congress adjourns."  FAIR ELECTIONS ARE IN THE HOUSE!

Last Thursday there was a huge victory for Fair Elections in Congress, as the
Fair Elections Now Act (HR 6116/1826) was passed by the House Administration
Committee on a 6-2 vote.

Now it's time for us to demand a full vote on the floor of the House of
Representatives!

This progress through Congress is a sign that despite occasional setbacks like
the loss of Prop 15 in June, all of your hard work for Fair Elections continues
to pay off, as more and more people demand that our representatives fix our
broken campaign finance system.

The Fair Elections Now Act would be a huge step towards making Congressmembers
accountable to voters, not big money donors.  It would allow candidates for
Congress to run competitive campaigns for office by relying on small
contributions from back home. Candidates would collect donations of $100 or less
from residents of their state, which would then be matched four-to-one with Fair
Elections funds.

Fair Elections would be funded by the sale of unused broadcast spectrum,
ensuring that in this time of debt and deficits, it wouldn't cost taxpayers a
dime.

PLEASE CALL SPEAKER NANCY PELOSI TO ASK HER TO SCHEDULE A FLOOR VOTE NOW!

All you have to say is "I'm a Californian calling to thank Speaker Pelosi for
her support of Fair Elections and to ask her to schedule a floor vote of the
Fair Elections Now Act before Congress adjourns."

You'll also be happy to know that Congressmember Anna Eshoo, who our records
show is your Congressmember, is a co-sponsor of the Fair Elections Now Act.

If you have another minute, then please also call Congressmember Eshoo's office
RIGHT AWAY at (202) 225-8104 to thank them and ask them to urge a floor vote.

All you have to say is "I'm calling to thank Congressmember Eshoo for
co-sponsoring the Fair Elections Now Act.  Could you please ask the
Congressmember to urge House leadership to bring it to a floor vote?  I'm a
constituent who lives in [Your City]."

The number to call Congressmember Eshoo is (202) 225-8104.

You can leave a message if nobody answers - SO PLEASE DON'T WAIT!

This is a great opportunity to make a statement on the need for Fair Elections
at all levels of our government, and has been brought about a major coalition at
the national level and by the hard work of activists like you.  Everything you
do to push Fair Elections and public financing of campaigns at the state AND
national levels brings us one step closer to ending the dominance of big money
special interests on politics.  The fight is a long and hard one, but we will
eventually win.

Let us know what they say when you call!

Thanks for everything you do for Clean Money and Fair Elections,

Trent Lange
President
California Clean Money Campaign

P.S.  If you have time to make only one call, please call Speaker Pelosi at
(415) 556-4862.

Forward email

This email was sent to carolineyacoub at att.net by newsletter at caclean.org.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy
Policy. Email Marketing by

California Clean Money Campaign | 11844 W. Pico Blvd., Suite 200 | Los Angeles |
CA | 90024