[GPSCC-chat] it's the risk, stupid

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Thu Apr 7 01:15:39 PDT 2011

I read a book about Disney's corporate culture, and near the beginning
the author described how the management was always looking for "safe
risks" so they could advance their careers without sticking their necks
out. That's why they do things like extend the copyright on Mickey Mouse
instead of coming up with yet another new series of cartoons. In other
words, it's not just the financial people that play those games.

Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:

> "A system that socializes losses and privatizes gains is doomed to mismanage risk."
>
>  -- Joseph E. Stiglitz in "Gambling with the Planet"
>
> http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/stiglitz137
> picked up by Aljazeera English today.

Tian
http://tian.greens.org
Latest addition: Pictures of and words about Sunday's rural bike ride.
The red security brick is on a '91 quarter as of 4/7.