[GPSCC-chat] agenda items needed

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Apr 14 11:49:34 PDT 2011

       I recommend Joe Stiglitz for President and Paul Krugman for Vice
President.  I have no idea if either would accept a nomination.
However, as far as I can see, the policies that governments world wide
are following are similar to the policies Herbert Hoover used to
manufacture the Great Depression.  As government spending continues to
be cut at all levels, I don't see new private sector spending picking up
the slack.  I think we could get Green Party people energized nationwide
to host teleconferences where leading economists make presentations and
answer questions.  In such venues, I believe that the economists
supporting the establishment would look foolish when confronted by
people like Stiglitz and Krugman.

       If the Green Party has a ticket like this next year and if the
economy continues to decline, the Green party ticket could win --
without accepting substantive contributions from big money.

       Spencer
p.s.  Both Stiglitz and Krugman have received Nobel Memorial Prizes in
Economics.  Stiglitz founded the Initiative for Policy Dialog, which in
my mind is the single most important forum for serious research in
economics.  Stiglitz is my candidate for the number one living economist
in the world today.

On 4/14/2011 10:49 AM, Caroline Yacoub wrote:
> Hello-- It's that time again. Our next Green Party general meeting is
> on April 28. We are having a plenary in Oakland on April 30. We need
> some thoughtful input for the agenda. For example: Have we thought of
> asking Ted Danson to be our presidential candidate?
> Did that get your attention? Do you have a better idea? Send it along.
> Caroline

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Operating Officer
751 Emerson Ct.