[GPSCC-chat] Obama in LA, SF, and Harlem

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 21 17:04:17 PDT 2011

I was curious about the number 35,800, so I did a search
and found:

================================

"Salesforce CEO Hosting Obama Fundraiser At $35,800 Per Head"

http://www.businessinsider.com/sticker-shock-salesforce-ceo-hosting-fundraiser-for-obama-at-35800-per-head-2011-4#ixzz1KCemUZH5

and

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/04/05/businessinsider-sticker-shock-salesforce-ceo-hosting-fundraiser-for-obama-at-35800-per-head-2011-4.DTL

This says that the breakdown is 30,800 + 2,500 + 2,500.

================================

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/biennial.shtml

Scroll down to "Limitations on Contributions You Make".

================================

What I don't understand is how he can collect money for the
general campaign before the Democratic National Convention.

Note that most of the money goes to the DNC, but none goes to
the state party.  Maybe because Obama is campaigning for federal
office, not state office, but I don't know.

It seems that if you go to one of these events, you are shutout
of Obama fundraising through Nov. 2012.  Too bad.

Other pages of possible interest:

================================

"Obama to visit Bay Area to talk issues, fundraise

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/18/MNNM1J2SVS.DTL

"A more exclusive gathering will be a private dinner for 60 supporters
at the Pacific Heights home of Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff that is
sold out at $35,800 a seat.

================================

"President Obama to headline $30,800-a-head DNC bash in Harlem; at least
one local fundraiser balks"

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-03-16/news/29172457_1_raiser-fund-raiser-harlem

"Obama’s $3 million S.F. dinner — the complete guest list"

http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/04/21/obamas-3-million-s-f-dinner-the-complete-guest-list/

"Obama in California: The good, the bad, and the $35,800 dinner plate"

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2011/0421/Obama-in-California-The-good-the-bad-and-the-35-800-dinner-plate

Gerry