[GPSCC-chat] Lawrence Livermore funding

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 14:40:45 PDT 2011

from  http://www.sanjosepeace.org/article.php/20110727101345135

When I first began monitoring Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory,
a working scientist there told me, "Follow the money if you want to know
what is really going on." Look at the Department of Energy's 2012 budget
request for the Livermore Lab and it becomes apparent that PR has an
inverse relationship to budget.

U.S. energy investments

Of the $1.2 billion in 2012 federal funding requested for Lawrence
Livermore
National Laboratory, spending is proposed as:

*Nuclear weapons   *89%

*Nuclear nonproliferation    *7

*Science*    3

*Energy efficiency and renewable energy, nuclear energy,
fossil energy defense activities, defense environmental cleanup*    1