[GPSCC-chat] Obama & Economic Recovery

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 21:50:08 PDT 2011

Dear Green Friends,

My problem with this kind of analysis (supposedly comes "from the Left") is the presumption that Mr. Obama and the Democrats do what they do because the "Tea Party" or the Republicans or "Wall Street" or "racists" make them do what they would otherwise not do.

I used to think that.  No more.  In 2008, Obama, himself, proved that you could raise plenty of money with small to mid-sized donations.  In 2012 he'll have the advantage of being an incumbent president running against a GOP plainly being run by idiots.

No! No! No!

Obama and his boys do what they do because they believe in "trickle-down" economics no less than the Republicans.  Ralph Nader, for one, has painstakingly been documenting this now for more than a decade.  I mean, look at Jerry Brown, Diane Feinstein and the Democrats right here in California.  Except for the "culture war" and "social issues" there really is no significant difference between them.  And I say this as an African-American who loathes Republican so-called conservatives for forty years of race-baiting.  But I know what I've seen, including what I've seen from Black and Latino Democrats in 4 states and the District of Columbia.

Clinton, Gore, Lieberman, Clinton, Edwards, and Obama!  My friends, this is not your mother's Democratic Party.

Alex Walker