[GPSCC-chat] Amendment Name/Feedback

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 8 21:51:46 PST 2011

       I'm with Drew on this:  If this amendment passes, nothing will
change immediately.  They major corporations will still fight tooth and
claw to minimize the impact of the changes.  The difference is that
rather than them working with our current reactionary courts to give
them even more power over natural persons, they will be on the
defensive.  Even then, it could take massive amounts of money from
private citizens to pay for the litigation required to enforce the changes.

       You are doubtless correct about one point in this, however,
namely that the large corporations will eagerly use their powers to try
to limit the power of small businesses while not limiting the large
ones.  With the wording of this amendment, it will be hard for them to
find ways to do that, but they doubtless will try -- and the commercial
media (especially broadcasting) will support them at every turn.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer
p.s.  A cousin is an engineer and a private pilot.  He sometimes asks,
"What makes an airplane fly?"  Answer:  Money.

On 12/8/2011 9:42 PM, John Thielking wrote:
> The only other option that I can see that won't result in a dark age
> (not counting the one we are already in) is to pass Section 2 and 3
> first and then try for section 1 about 10 years later. No delay
> clauses required.  Still required is a populace that won't just go
> back to sleep at the smell of the first victory.
>
> John Thielking
> The rest of this message was deleted because the system blocked
> sending the message since it was over the limit of 80k.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126