[GPSCC-chat] SOPA and PROTECT IP

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 18:36:28 PST 2011

The thing is John, that even if it were possible to pass the amendment and have it go into effect today, all the built-in bias favoring artificial entities that exists would still be in effect. All the case law and legal precedents supporting the "rights" of artificial persons would still be right there, so this is completely a nonissue in my opinion.

It would really just be a subtle shift to a slightly less overwhelming position for corporations.  Its not as if it would suddenly mean revolutionary communism and centralized control or that artificial entities would suddenly not be able to sue or be sued, etc. Think subtle shift, not revolution.

And as Spencer so eloquently put it, the vested and entrenched special interests will do everything they can to protect their precious corporations and their nonliability for any corporate action, so I'm not worried about their "plight".

Senator Bernie Sanders introduced the Save American Democracy Amendment today.  Yeah!

Create Democracy in America -  vote Green & end corporate rule!

Drew

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android