[GPSCC-chat] fiduciary obligations vis-a-vis Climate Change

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Tue Dec 13 09:55:32 PST 2011

This article may answer my question about suing elected officials over
their fiduciary obligations vis-a-vis Climate Change:

The young and the restless: Kids sue government over climate change

The lawsuits are based on a legal theory developed by University of
Oregon law professor Mary Wood called "atmospheric trust litigation."
The theory "rests on the premise that all governments hold natural
resources in trust for their citizens and bear the fiduciary obligation
to protect such resources for future generations," according to Wood's
web page.

http://www.grist.org/climate-change/2011-12-08-the-young-and-the-restless-kids-sue-government-over-climate-chan

--
If I can be of further assistance, please contact me.

Rob Means, Electro Ride Bikes and Scooters
408-262-8975   rob.means at electric-bikes.com
1421 Yellowstone Ave., Milpitas, CA 95035-6913
Discover cycling that's Easy, Safe, Fast - and FUN!