[GPSCC-chat] Th. 15th Meeting / Party Draft Agenda GPSCC

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 15 21:28:30 PST 2011

On 12/15/2011 3:23 PM, Drew wrote:

>       Message body
>
> === Draft Agenda for GPSCC General Meeting on December 15, 2011 ===
>
> Location:  San Jose Peace & Justice Center, 48 S 7th St, San Jose
>
> 6:30 PM Spencer Graves requests volunteer help on assemblying Move
> Your Money flyers
>
> 7:00 PM  Social time: practice one-minute speeches, eat, chat, etc.
>
> 7:30 PM  Begin meeting
>
> *  Choose facilitator, note taker, timekeeper, vibes watcher, November
> agenda preparer, November one-minute speakers
>        2 min

facilitator:  Tian

notetaker:  Spencer

timekeeper:  Fred

vibes watcher:  Merriam

Jan. agenda preparer:  Tian (1.  Betsy on Secure Communities)

Jan. one-minute speakers:  Merriam

> *  Introductions and short announcements
>        10 min

Tian Harter:  Bike parties tomorrow and Saturday night.  Christmas party
Sunday evening, 5-9 PM.  see tian.greens.org:  505 Cyprus Point Drive,
Mountain View, CA.

John T.

Hector Schneider, from Occupy San Jose:  have to move it from Occupation
to a progressive movement

Spencer Graves,

Betsy Wolf-Graves:  To give a 10 minute presentation at the beginning of
the meeting on Secure Communities in January.

Drew:

Fred D.

Merriam:

Jim Stauffer

> *  Revise and affirm agenda
>        4 min
>
> *  Treasurer's report, pass the hat
>        4 min, Jim Doyle
>
> *  Report from GPCA General Assembly Dec. 3-4
>        15 min, Jim S. & Tian

JIM:  Nothing earth shattering.  Bylaw modifications of minor
consequence and updates of platform planks.  Recommendations of names
for inclusion on primary presidential candidates.  Jill Stein
(consensus) and Kent Mesplay (by only 2 votes;  they had a debate and he
had poor showing.  People voted for that, because they felt there should
be 2 names on the ballot.)

       Confirmed Jared Laiety(sp) as liason to the Secretary of State.

       This was a meeting in LA.  Marnie Glickman is the "Managing
Director of the CA Green Party".  A few locals have disassociated with
the CA state party over this.

       Next Plenary in ~6 months someplace in N. CA.  We can have a
plenary here and try to reach out to other locals.

PROPOSED:  People in this group form a committee to brainstorm how to
deal with this:  Merriam will call a County Council Meeting.

       Proposed fiscal policy for the Green Party:  The finance and
coordinating committees never looked at it.  Mike Feinstein wrote it and
brought it directly to the General Assembly without going through the
appropriate committees.

       Sunday morning:  2 items:  AB 1148 clean money campaign.  + an
anti-death penalty initiative.

> * Proposal to endorse of Jan 20th Move to Amend "Occupy the Courts!"
> St. James Park 12-1:30p
>        5 minutes, Merriam Kathaleen

       Fri., Jan. 20 = 2 year anniversary of the Citizens United
decision.  St. James Park is across the street from the Courthouse
wherein the original "corporate personhood" decision was made in the 1880s.

       Proposed:  Santa Clara Greens endorse this event.  Passed by
consensus with one stand aside.

        John is still concerned about the specific language.

       Q:  Could Laura Wells be invited to speak?

> *  January Movie Night
>        5 min, Merriam Kathaleen

       Dr. Strangelove.

       John agreed to get the announcement on the Peace Center calendar
AND send an announcement to Spencer for the web site.

       Proposed:  Green Party combines with Occupy San Jose to
co-sponsor movies starting in February.

       Latin Movie group wants to switch, so the Greens have the first
Friday and the Latin group does the second.  Tian is one of the regulars
and cannot come first Friday.

> * Proposal to endorse AB 1184: The 2012 California Disclose Act
> & Sat. Jan. 7th Campaign Kickoff event @ PA Unitarian Church 2-4pm
>        5 min, Brian Good

       State Green party has endorsed it.  Requires people who pay for
an ad must put their names on it.

       We should see if we can have a table at this event.

       Santa Clara Greens also endorse the act and the event.  Approved.

> PARTY!
> Green is Sustainability!
> Drew

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD