[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Lawbreaking, Wisconsin style.

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Dec 19 21:20:44 PST 2011

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Jill Stein for President <TheGreenNewDeal at gmail.com>
To: carolineyacoub at att.net
Sent: Mon, December 19, 2011 1:52:44 PM
Subject: Lawbreaking, Wisconsin style.

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser
Jill Stein broke the law. Literally.

On Friday, Dr. Stein and her supporters joined hundreds of Wisconsinites at
their State Capitol building. Together, they raised their voices in song. And
broke the law.

They literally broke the law. Faced with yet another act of collective defiance,
the Scott Walker administration folded, and failed to enforce its new policy
banning unpermitted rallies at the State Capitol.

On paper, as of Friday, any outdoor public gathering of more than 100 people
required a permit, 72 hours notice, and payment of police costs. In practice,
the freedom of assembly still rules in Wisconsin.

Jill Stein went to Madison to support the First Amendment rights of
Wisconsinites. But her visit was not limited to singing labor songs, and
addressing the crowd at the State Capitol.

In one day, Dr. Stein conducted eleven interviews with national and local media.
And she joined Matt Rothschild, editor of The Progressive magazine, in a public
conversation about her campaign.

You can see video footage from that discussion on Livestream or on this edited
video provided by former Madison Alder Brenda Konkel (click here).

You should also tune in to Jill Stein's radio interview on "Sly in the Morning."
As the campaign grows, the media requests keep coming in, and Dr. Stein is now
conducting dozens of interviews weekly. But this radio interview was something
special. To listen in, click here.

There will be more to come from Jill Stein's visit to Wisconsin. And she will
continue to tour the country, building our insurgent campaign, and speaking out
like no other political figure for the freedom of assembly and the interests of
the 99%.

Please make an end-of-year contribution to Jill Stein for
President: http://www.jillstein.org/donate

Let's continue to build our momentum, to grow this campaign, and to bring the
demand for genuine democracy to the polling place in the new year.

 Please join our campaign for democracy and the secure, green, just future we
all deserve. Jill Stein for President does not accept contributions from
corporations, corporate lobbyists, or from the CEOs of corporations that hire
lobbyists. Chances are, we can accept your contribution. Please donate now

PO Box 260217, Madison, WI, 53726
To donate please click here