[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Fwd: Censorship

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Dec 20 04:29:20 PST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Fwd: Censorship
Date: 	Mon, 19 Dec 2011 23:52:00 -0800
From: 	Betsy Wolf-Graves <betsy237 at prodsyse.com>
To: 	spencer graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Censorship
Date: 	Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:04:49 +0000
From: 	David Moon<info at demandprogress.org>
To: 	Betsy Wolf-Graves<betsy237 at prodsyse.com>

Betsy,

Hope your holiday was great, and that you've woken up from
your food coma.

Great news: 100,000 people have asked Senator Wyden to read
their names during his filibuster of the dreaded PROTECT IP
Act.

Worse news: This legislation could come to a vote as soon as
later this week.

*But the nastier we make this prospective filibuster look,
the better the chance that Senate leadership won't even call
for a vote.*

Will you help us muster more troops? Please consider posting
a link to StopCensorship.org on your blog or website, and
share it with your friends:

[fb] 	If you're already on *Facebook*, click here to share
with your friends.
<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/347?akid=1043.607714.wz3yDW&t=1>

[fb] 	If you're already on *Twitter*, click here to tweet
about the campaign: Tweet
<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/351?akid=1043.607714.wz3yDW&t=2>

*Here's the message Senator Wyden's office issued to Demand
Progress a few days ago, asking for more support from
Internet users:*

The filibuster affords senators an opportunity to stand up
for what they believe in and there are few things I believe
in more than ensuring that every American has a voice and an
opportunity to get ahead.

Right now, the Internet gives every American that voice
while making it possible for every entrepreneur, thinker and
innovator to compete alongside the biggest and most moneyed
interests.

*It is my hope that -- with your help – my colleagues in
Congress will realize that a free and open Internet is
something that we as Americans should celebrate and not
allow those special moneyed interests to quash. *

It is my hope that – with your help – my colleagues in
Congress will realize that PIPA/SOPA are the wrong way to
protect intellectual property because the price they exact
on the Internet is too high.

With your help, I believe we can get that word out and
prevent these misguided bills from every reaching the House
and Senate floor, but if they do reach the floor you can
count on me to stand up and make our voices heard.

**Let's make it clear to the Senator that we have his back,
and that we plan to stand with him on the floor of the
Senate: **
**
**
<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/347?akid=1043.607714.wz3yDW&t=3>

[fb] 	If you're already on *Twitter*, click here to tweet
about the campaign: Tweet
<http://act.demandprogress.org/go/351?akid=1043.607714.wz3yDW&t=4>

Thanks, as always.

--The Demand Progress team

*P.S. Please help push this viral by sharing
StopCensorship.org with your friends. Can you link back from
your blog or website?*
Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org
<http://demandprogress.org/>) and not authorized by any
candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not
deductible as charitable contributions for federal income
tax purposes.

*One last thing -- Demand Progress's small, dedicated,
under-paid staff relies exclusively on the generosity of
members like you to support our work. Will you click here to
chip in $5 or $10?
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=info@demandprogress.org&lc=US&item_name=Donate%20to%20Demand%20Progress&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted>

Or you can become a Demand Progress monthly sustainer by
clicking here.
<http://act.demandprogress.org/sign/dp_sustainer/?recurring=1>
Thank you!*