[GPSCC-chat] Notice of Candidacy for GPCA Coordinating Committee Position

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Sun Feb 13 12:33:57 PST 2011

February 13. 2011

To GPSCC and GPSMC Members:

This email serves as my Candidate's Statement and Biography  for purposes
of consideration for election to the GPCA  Coordinating Committee as
"Regional Representative" for the Silicon Valley Region (Santa Clara and San Mateo
Counties).  As some of you  are aware, I have resisted volunteering for this
position  because of my other GP time and energies commitments.  After a lot
of thought, it appears that it is time for me to "move up" to this  next
level of service.  If elected I will transfer my  available GP time and
energies from work on the GPUS California Delegation and GPUS committees to CC
work (although I would plan to  remain on the GPUS Presidential Candidates
Support  Committee).

As indicated below, I have a significant background in the  Campaign and
Candidates Working Group, some in the Electoral  Reform Working Group, and
almost four years as a GPUS Delegate.  I also have participated on the Co-Cos
Group for four  years and remained an observer during the last  year.  I have
participated in the preliminary budget committee discussions  for the last
five years, and I have some experience with  events planning.  I have on a
number of occasions  presented the Agenda Packet for local discussions and I
have attended many state party meetings as a Plenary delegate.  I also have
occasionally observed pre-Plenary in-person CC  meetings.

I do not operate a motor vehicle, and have some concern about  being able
to attend any GPSMC meetings (I most attend the  GPSCC monthly general
meetings).  If affirmed in both counties, I would strongly prefer that our
alternate be a GPSMC  member.  I will agree to serve a two year term and we  all
can evaluate the need or good of my continuing in the position at the end of
that term.

A partial summary of my background and experience is as  follows:

Green Party Activities

1994-2010  Green Party of Santa Clara County activist
1998-2001 Green Party of Santa Clara County County  Council
2000      GPCA Delegate to ASGP Presidential  Nominating Convention
(Denver, CO)
1998-2010 Participation in Campaigns and  Candidates Working Group,
including working on proposals re  endorsement procedures (2003) and GPUS
nominating convention delegates (2003-2004)
2005-2009 Sole CCWG Coordinator
2001-2011  Participation in Electoral Reform Working Group (Elections Code
subcommittee; Redistricting issues; Development of Presidential nominating
convention delegates selection procedures (2007)
2002;  2004 Candidate for State Assembly District 23 (San Jose, CA)
July 4, 2007 to  Present  GPCA GNC member (delegate)  -- Paricipate in
monthly  teleconferences and email discussions; Participate on GNC  Votes email
list and vote on various items considered by  GPUS GNC; Prepared Delegation
draft Work Plan and Budget for FY 2009 and  2010
May 2007 to Present  Observer to GPUS Coordinated Campaigns  Committee
July 2008  Attended Chicago GPUS ANM; Also GPCA Delegate to  Chicago QPNC
September 2008 to May 2009 Present  Participate in  McKinney/Clemente State
Volunteers Coordinators email list  and teleconferences; Co-facilitated
workshop at 2009 ANM
July 2009   Attended GPUS ANM in Durham, North Carolina
December 2009  Joined GPUS  Presidential Candidates Support Committee;
participating in email list and teleconferences
July 2010 to Present Member GPUS Delegate  Apportionment Committee

Education

University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois BA 1976 (Social  Sciences)
Santa Clara University, School of Law, Santa Clara, California JD  1979
San Jose State University/CompassPoint Nonprofit Services, San Jose,
California Certificate Program in nonprofit management  1999-2001

Work Experience

1972-1976 Clerical worker, Joseph Regenstein Library,  University of Chicago
1979-1980 Part-time office worker for the Santa Clara  Valley National
Lawyers Guild
1980-2010 General practice  attorney
1999-2000 Interim Director for United Neighborhoods of Santa Clara  County

Volunteer Activities

1971-1972 Draft counselor, Quaker House, Chicago,  Illinois
1972-1975 Clerical Workers of America, District 65, organizing  campaign
1976-1978 Soledad Habeas Corpus Project (prisoner legal  assistance)
1979-1980 (City of) Santa Clara Tenants Association
1983-1993  Santa Clara Valley New Jewish Agenda
1988-1998 Peninsula Peace & Justice  Center, Coordinating Council
1990-1999 Jackson-Taylor Neighborhood  Association
1994-1998 Jewish Arab Muslim Americans Association  (JAMAA)
1994-1999 Board member and officer of United Neighborhoods of Santa  Clara
County
2000-2011 Japantown Neighborhood Association
2002-2006  Southbay Jewish Voice for Peace
October 2007 - February 2008  Treasurer  for Save BAREC No on Measures A
and B Committee  (City  of Santa Clara ballot initiative to preserve open
space)

I can respond to questions via email(s) to _wb4d23 at aol.com_
(mailto:wb4d23 at aol.com)  or by telephone at (408)  295-9353.

Shalom/In Struggle!  Warner S. Bloomberg III