[GPSCC-chat] Strategy Meeting

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:04:06 PST 2011

    Jim was trying to avoid tangents and getting bogged down in specific action plans and
stick to the agenda of defining and fleshing out goals.  As it was, the meeting was too
long, and I thought he did a good job of trying to stick to business.  There were a couple
of things I wondered why he didn't write them down, but probably he was just tired.  It
was a long meeting.

   Our group has three components, I think.  Some people want it to be a social/fun group.
Some people want it to be an activist group and do demonstrations and leaflets and media
and campaign work.  Some people want to focus on the political party business.

   The "Food for Thought" programs do a good job of integrating the first two groups.  The
plenary last winter did a pretty good job of integrating the first and last groups.  It's hard
to find anything that engages all three groups.

  BTW, Tony Blair, Bush's rabid poodle, is appearing at Flint Center March 10, 11, and 12.
  When Colin Powell was there five years ago hundreds protested for three days running.