[GPSCC-chat] Caltrain Summit Sat. January 29, 8:30 - 2:30 in San Carlos

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Tue Jan 11 16:50:34 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

This event might be of interest to those of us who depend on public transit or are interested in preserving and improving it.

Valerie

- - -

Save our Caltrain

Caltrain is facing a severe fiscal crisis.  Although it is one of the highest performing Bay Area transit agencies, is the only agency that lacks dedicated funding.  Caltrain is important for our quality of life, commute alternatives, and economic vitality.  We need to save Caltrain.

Friends of Caltrain is bringing together riders, residents, voters, environmentalists, businesses - people in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties across the area that Caltrain serves.   At the Caltrain Summit on January 29, you can learn and discuss solutions and start working together to make the solutions happen.

Come learn about solutions and how to get involved!

Date: Saturday, January 29, 2011 Time: 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.

Location:
SamTrans Auditorium
1250 San Carlos Avenue
San Carlos, CA 94070-1306
Located 2 blocks west from El Camino and Caltrain Station.  Multi-level parking garage is available behind the building.

[The first Northbound Caltrain on Saturdays, #421, arrives at San Carlos at 7:45 AM.]

Sign up at:
https://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/741/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=64765

Organized by Friends of Caltrain
http://www.greencaltrain.com/friends-of-caltrain/