[GPSCC-chat] Citizens United Anniversary

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 23:28:01 PST 2011

I just received an email from Move to Amend.

     ( http://movetoamend.org/ )

They are asking for actions on or around the first
anniversary of the Citizens United decision (Jan. 21).
They list some local actions:

http://movetoamend.org/action/local-actions-january-21st-first-anniversary-citizens-united-decision

I looked through the list and was dismayed that not many are
listed.

I was further dismayed that there is no action listed in
Santa Clara County.  Partly because it is our county.
Partly because it was Southern Pacific vs. Santa Clara
County that created corporate personhood.

So I think we should organize an event.  Probably in downtown
San Jose, either at a county building or a federal building.

... Or (from movetoamend):
     *  Places of government and finance, local government buildings or
the state capitol.
     * Find your federal courthouse here or here
     * At national corporation’s headquarters, or
     * At local or state Chamber of Commerce headquarters.

I think it should be on Jan. 21, (a Friday).  Time should be
3-5 or 4-6 or 5-7?

What do you think?

Gerry