[GPSCC-chat] VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: REDISTRICTING COMMISSION

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 13 15:45:10 PST 2011

This came to me via my county supervisor Ken Yeager.
The same notice could well apply to the supervisors of the other
County Board of Supervisors districts.

*
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY: REDISTRICTING COMMISSION*

Last month, the Board voted to create an 11-member Citizens
Redistricting Commission.
Each Supervisor will appoint two people from within their district to
serve on the commission.
The 11th member, who will serve as the chairperson, will be appointed by
the President of the Board.
The panel of appointees will make recommendations to the Board of
Supervisors for the alignment or
realignment of District boundaries.

The Commission will hold a series of public hearings to receive input
from the community.
It will develop a redistricting plan or plans for the Board of
Supervisors to consider.

The Board is hoping to have the Commission seated this month.

The Commission will hold four community meetings/public hearings between
February and
May of 2011. Upon receipt of the recommendations, the Board would also
hold two public
hearings during June to present the Citizens Redistricting Commission’s
recommendations,
accept public comment, and adopt a plan for submission to the State.

If you are interested in applying, please contact the office of your
county supervisor.