[GPSCC-chat] Green Party Meeting Minutes, Jan. 18

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Jan 18 22:19:29 PST 2011

New Meeting Time:  Fourth Thursday, starting February 24, except March.
Andrea tried to schedule Feb. 24.  However, I just checked, and it's not
yet on the public calendar.
Spencer was supposed to schedule third Thursday in March (and check
fourth Thursdays thereafter).  I've sent an email to Cameron requesting
assistance.

Fred facilitates.  timekeeper:  Tian.  Spencer notetaker.  Vibes
watcher:  Caroline.

Agenda for the next meeting:  Tian.

Finances (10 min.):  Bank account:  $2,615 balance.  Fixed operating
expenses for the year = $520 including phone, rental, PO box.

County Council Openings.  (10 min):  Tian says the bylaws say the
Treasurer must be on the County Council.  Jim will continue as treasurer
but does not want to continue with the council but will continue as
treasurer.  Spencer volunteers.

*** NOMINATIONS ARE OPENED FOR THE COUNTY COUNCIL IN THE FUTURE.
Spencer and Drew volunteer.  We are looking for more.  Please recruit.
We should put it on the web site:  "County Council Openings.  Please
show up at the next meeting".

Goals (Caroline;  10 min.):  Caroline wanted to find out about the thing
from the State Green Party.

       * We need an event per month besides meetings, e.g., that we

       * There are two issues against Corporate Personhood.

       * Jim Stauffer:  The state party is required to set long term
goals and to ask the locals what we think the Green Party should have a
goals -- realistic achievable goals, e.g., voting base, revenue,
candidates elected, ... .  Do we want, e.g., a retreat with the San
Mateo Greens.  Jim will try to contact them to try to organize such.

       * Fred:  We could read, e.g., read one of the 10 key values at
each meeting.

Events (5 min.):

       * Friday, Jan. 21 in Berkeley at noon at Oakland Federal Building
of Corporate takeover of democracy & 5 PM at the Rockridge BART station
in Berkeley.    Phoebe Sorgen, phoebeso at earthlink.net.

       * Jan. 25, 4-6 PM, opposing FBI and grand jury repression of
peaceful assembly, e.g., at the the Republican National Convention last
year.  stopfbi.net, South Bay Committee Against Policital Repression.
ph:  510-978-9076

Credit Card Flier (Spencer;  5 min.):  Need StarOne on list of Credit
Unions.  Tian will work on the "no credit card" art.  Drew didn't like
the lack of widow control:  Paragraphs should be kept together.  This
might be improved by changing the footnotes to end notes.

Hazardous Disposal of CDs and DVDs (Drew;  5 min.):  CDs and DVDs are to
be taken to the hazardous disposal.  Jim Stauffer has mentioned a
project to put collection points for around the county.  Roughly 10
years ago, some Green Party members in Contra Costa County did some of
this -- but it died.  Merriam, Caroline and Andrea volunteered to do
something with this.  Andrea has contacts in Sunnyvale and Milpitas and
will initiate a target project in Sunnyvale.

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Operating Officer