[GPSCC-chat] Sunday at Prusch Park

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Mon Jan 31 21:04:54 PST 2011

This is the latest from the Calif. Rare Fruit Growers email list
regarding Sunday's work part at the park.  Note: we do realize it is
Super Bowl Sunday... That means the streets should be clear while
everyone else watches.

> The holidays and Scion Exchange are behind us, and I don't think there are
> any announced boycotts of Emma Prusch Park, so everyone should feel
> free to
> join in on Sunday morning, as we get back to our monthly routine at the
> Heritage Orchard. It promises to be another beautiful day, and fresh air,
> mild exercise, camaraderie and community service will only make it
> sweeter.
> With luck, you might even spot the owls that have lately been set free in
> the orchard. This month, considering the warm weather, pruning will have
> priority, but we hope to also see some chips out there to be spread
> over the
> last remaining un-mulched areas. At last report, we have a small band of
> outside volunteers joining us, so satisfying results can be expected, and
> there will be a need for senior members to guide the teams.

If you want to help prune, or learn how to prune, bring a hand pruner if
you have one.  I'll bring an extra.