[GPSCC-chat] Kucinich's View

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Jul 15 07:40:29 PDT 2011

       In my view, Kucinich misses an extremely important part of the
real drivers for US foreign policy including the military:  There is
only one substantive constituency for US foreign policy, and that's the
people with business interests in other countries.  These people want US
support for whatever will give them more power (and therefore usually
more money) in these relationships.  With their substantial control of
the media, they've usually been able to find high-sounding rationale to
support state terror in foreign countries to limit the possibilities
that people everywhere (in the US and elsewhere) can successfully
petition for improved wages, working conditions and environmental
protection.  They are also more interested in relative standard of
living, not absolute, which is why we "have to" cut the eduction budget,
and why foreign governments are pushed to cut their education budgets --
because an educated electorate is better able to advance their own
interests.

       Thanks for this.
       Spencer