[GPSCC-chat] Summer / Fall Actions

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Fri Jul 22 22:34:00 PDT 2011

On Sept 24th Bike Party is doing a climate ride starting at discovery
meadow. Diane Solomon is the key person, but I'm involved. It would be
great if the event could get a lot more support somehow:

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/event.php?eid=225058397524436

Can you guys see that page?

Can we get the Green Party endorsement?

Here is the blurb from that webpage:

World-wide, Saturday September 24th is the day to take positive peaceful
action to reduce climate change by moving without fossil fuels. We’re
doing it in San Jose with an all ages kid-friendly bike party from 11 am
to 2 pm!

Let’s meet at 11am at Discovery Meadow Park, at the corner of Woz Way
and San Carlos Street. We’ll ride together to the Luna Park Chalk
Festival at Bakesto Park and take an hour to enjoy the Festival and
lun...ch together. Bring your own or buy from the vendors. From Bakesto
Park we’ll ride to another amazing location that’s still being worked
out, then back to Discovery Meadow Park by 2 pm.

San Jose Bike Party Birds will help facilitate the ride.

A grassroots movement started by www.350.org, Green Peace, Global
Exchange and Friends of the Earth is calling it Moving Planet Day. So
far, groups in 188 countries are up for this and a big blow out event is
scheduled in San Francisco, while we bike party in San Jo. See
www.moving-planet.org for more info.

We’re a coalition of concerned South Bay earthlings that have decided to
join in on this global rally with a bike party.

So far this ride has been endorsed by Sierra Club's Loma Prieta Chapter,
San Jose Bike Party, San Jose Bike Soiree, the Silicon Valley Bicycle
Coalition, the City of San Jose's Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory
Committee, SJSU’s Transportations Solutions group and TransForm. More
are signing on each week.

Gerry Gras wrote:

> FYI,
>
> I am assembling a list of actions planned for the near
> future.  Below is my current list.  If you have any
> additional info, please let me know.
>
> Apparently the 2 democracy events are both inspired
> at least partly by the Tahrir Square experience.
>
> Also, on July 28, there is a planning meeting in Oakland
> for the Sept 24 Moving Planet action:
>     http://www.moving-planet.org/BayArea
>
> Gerry
>
> ================
>
> July 26 - Support Tim DeChristopher
>            - Salt Lake City & San Francisco & elsewhere
> http://www.peacefuluprising.org/climate-trial/action-map-july-26th-solidarity-with-tim-dechristopher
>
> (Climate Change)
>

> Aug 20 - Sep 3 - Tar Sands Action
>             - Washington D.C. & elsewhere
> http://www.tarsandsaction.org/
> (Climate Change)
>

> Sep 17 - Occupy Wall Street - New York
> http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-blog/occupywallstreet.html
> (Democracy)
>

> Sep 24 - Moving Planet (a 350.org event) - everywhere
> http://www.moving-planet.org/
> (Climate Change)
>

> Oct 6 - ?? - October 2011 - Washington D.C.
> http://october2011.org/
> (Democracy)

Tian
http://tian.greens.org
Latest change: words and pictures from and about SJBP's Science Ride.
The screw I got mile 81 of bike the limits is on a Nebraska quarter.