[GPSCC-chat] Blank Check for War?!?

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sun May 1 00:51:25 PDT 2011

I am alarmed by this article:

"Like the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars? You'll LOVE This!"

It's about giving more power to the "Defense Department"
and the President.  I guess it's unconstitutional, FWIW.

I ask that you please read this.

And if you are also alarmed, please do something about it.

But if you are not alarmed, please tell me why,
I would appreciate good news.

Remember, the author, Tom Andrews is a former Congressman,
he should know what he is talking about.

If you want to see the bills, Tom Andrews has provided the
numbers, S. 551, and H.R. 968.  I believe the relevant text
is in sections 8 and 7 respectively.

If you want to see who's on the House Armed Services Commmittee:
     http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/members

Gerry