[GPSCC-chat] U.S. is ill prepared for future

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu May 12 16:38:08 PDT 2011

I basically agree with the main points of these opinions. My only sense
is that the focus on China as an adversary masks the scope of the real
problems... and that is a real challenge for the Green Party.  There is
a sense in which the term "future focus" keeps being used by Greens but
do we really lead with a plan or a vision of what the future would be
and how we should attain it?  Rather do we not continue to fight
yesterday's wars with yesterday's tactics and, like OBL, might we find
that an Arab Spring could make us irrelevant?

What are the next steps to build a better future for our communities?
our state? our country?

"What are we for?" is a harder question to answer than what we are against.